If you are a resident of Maryland and are looking for health insurance, Carefirst BlueCross is one of your best options. Over 80% of the health care providers in the region are included in its network and it has a wide range of plans to suit all budgets and needs.
Individual health plans from Carefirst BCBS of MD
- Blue preferred PPO- you can manage your health care needs within a budget with these plans. You can select doctors for yourself as well as avail cheaper services by going with in network providers.
- Blue choice HMO-these are referral based services and are available with no deductibles.
- Blue choice opt out POS-it offers all the advantage of an HMO together with freedom from PCPs.
- Others-also on offer are the consumer directed health plans, cafeteria plans, PPNs and Open Access varieties of the standard plans.
Group health plans
This coverage is provided by employers and includes the following plans
- BlueCare, BlueCare Basic, BlueCare POS, Blue Options For Small Businesses And Century Preferred.
- Federal employee program
Prescription drug covers
The company also offers prescription drug covers and benefits.
You can also avail of other dental, vision and life insurance plans. Plans are also offered for Medicare eligible candidates.