EPA Proposed Limitation Of Sulfur Dioxide Emission Privacy Policy | Contact | Call for a quote  +18882919564 

EPA Proposed Limitation Of Sulfur Dioxide Emission

BBBOnLine Reliability Seal

Home - Health Insurance - Health Insurance Plans - EPA Proposed Limitation Of Sulfur Dioxide Emission

Find Local Doctors & Health Plans : Enter Your ...

ZIP Code

Quotes Type

Your E-mail ID

[Optional and Compliant to Federal Laws]

EPA Proposed Limitation Of Sulfur Dioxide Emission

EPA Proposed Limitation Of Sulfur Dioxide Emission

With an ambitious plan to curb on the coal pollution, EPA proposed limitation of sulfur dioxide emission. At it is targeted toward the cleaning the air from coal pollution to a significant degree, it will be seen as a boon for people suffering from various respiratory problems such as asthma by this new rule proposed earlier November 2009. For the first time since 1971, the Environmental Protection Agency or EPA has proposed such rule to ensure public health.

As EPA has proposed limitation of sulfur dioxide emission, this would important and timely step to ensure American Health, said Dr. Alan H. Lockwood. Dr. Lockwood, a professor of neurology and nuclear medicine at University of Buffalo, added that as thousands of Americans die from complication as a result of inhaled pollutants from coal burning, this EPA proposed limitation of sulfur dioxide emission, will certainly result in better health in American public.

As coal produces half the electricity produced in the US, targeting coal pollutants will result in clearing air pollutants to a significant degree. Earlier EPA said about its requirement of power plants, after several court orders, to remove the mercury pollutants. Now as EPA proposed limitation of sulfur dioxide emission, now it is the turn of public and industry official to comment on this proposal and the hearing set for January 2010 in Atlanta.

EPA proposed limitation of sulfur dioxide emission as the researchers observed poor results of the current regulation prevailing over last 35 years. The science advisors of Environmental Protection Agency noted the current regulation did not provide adequate protection to health of American public and this new proposal the estimated benefits in regards to the American health will outweigh the cost freshly incurred on the companies to a significant degree.

Sulfur Dioxide and Its Environmental Hazards

Industries as well as power plants run by coal are the greatest sources of sulfur dioxide. According the report of Environment Protection Agency or EPA in its abbreviated form, fossil fuel combustion used in power plants is responsible for about 66 percent sulfur dioxide in the air. Maximum of the remaining 34 percent sulfur dioxide is emitted from the industries which burn fossil fuel. Though to a much smaller degree, a smaller amount of sulfur dioxide is also emitted from other industrial process such as use of high-sulfur containing fuels used by locomotives, ship, and other non-road heavy equipment or extracting metal ore.

Sulfur dioxide emitted from the industries in its various form converts into fine particle pollution which can easily be inhaled while breathing. It reaches lung and creates various lung disease or worsen the existing ones. When exposed to the air containing sulfur dioxide, it is difficult for people with asthma even for a short period of time to breath. Children as well as adult of age older than 65 and those having heart or lung disease are more vulnerable.

A new report by Physicians for Social Responsibility is authored by Dr. Lockwood, on impact of coal from mining to handling waste after combustion. This report released on November 18, 2009 examines various peer-reviewed scientific report on the impact of coal pollution on our health system, particularly cardiovascular and nervous system. Physicians for Social Responsibility is a Nobel prize winner of 1985 for its efforts on ending the nuclear arm race.

EPA Proposed Limitation Of Sulfur Dioxide Emission  Get Your Free Medical Insurance Quotes Now!

Home     Contact Us     Privacy Policy     Our Edge     Disclaimer     Site Map     More Resources

Copyright 2003-2021 QuickHealthInsurance.com Group, Inc. [Protected under U.S. Copyright TX5-874-987 & Several Pending Patents]

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape.