Prior to coming to a decision about the right plan for yourself, consider the following.
- Is the plan affordable?
- Should I get comprehensive insurance or just a cover for large expenses?
- What deductibles do I need to pay before my insurance kicks in?
- How are my expenses reimbursed after I have paid my deductibles?
- How much more do I have to pay if I visit doctors outside the company’s network?
Does the plan Cover Services I Require?
- Are the doctors and service providers I prefer covered under the network?
- May I use doctors outside the network?
- Is it easy to change the primary care physician?
- Do I need to seek permission if I want to see a specialist?
- What are the procedures for getting emergency care covers?
- Will the plan cover my pre existing medical condition?
- Will it cover chronic conditions such as asthma and cancer?
- Are the prescription medicines covered in the plans?
- Are coverages provided for alternative medication therapies like acupuncture?
- Does it cover pregnancy costs?