CHCS Services to Manage Caregiver Programs
CHCS Services, a 15 year old healthcare services expert, will soon manage the caregiver support services programs and provider discounts of John Hancock Long-Term Care (LTC) Insurance. The company will handle the services for its different policyholders along with their families from May 9, 2009.
John Hancock is one of the largest providers of LTC insurance in America. It offers more than 1,000,000 LTC policyholders and $1.5 billion of in-force LTC insurance premium. The LTC insurance reserves for future claims for the company are $9.4 billion. Since entering the business, the company has paid $2.2 billion in LTC insurance claims.
The discount program of individual and group LTC insurance products of John Hancock provides policyholders the right to use provider discounts as well as information on nationwide providers through specialists of elder care. The Caregiver Support Services program through a website will provide tools for caregiver evaluation and assessment, care planning, wellness questionnaires, and professional advice.
Marianne Harrison, President of John Hancock Long-Term Care Insurance said that CHCS's model of long-term care service is good enough to fulfill the needs of its 1 million policyholders of LTC insurance.
CHCS will be offering the following services:
- A network spread across the nation of long-term care providers, most of which are accredited to provide service discounts. The different facilities available in the network include assisted living facilities, hospice facilities, durable medical equipment providers, adult day care centers, home health providers and nursing homes.
- Allow CHCS to recruit a network of providers across the nation. Providers have the option to join the providers' network team without any enrolment or fees of referral.
- The authority to negotiate discounts for the insured along with their family members. It needs mentioning here that the average discounts for the providers vary from 5 to 25 percent. This can lead to considerable savings for policyholders as well as their families.
- Customized recommendations of the policyholder and quality reports on network providers.
- A Care Advocacy Program at the time of their need of new care services for policyholders and their families. An eldercare specialist for families will be provided who will help providers to identify the type of care needed which is most appropriate.
More Useful Links:
LTC Resources: Bridge Playing indicates a Powerful Persuasive Old Age