Health Insurance in Virginia Privacy Policy | Contact | Site Map |

Get Virginia Health Insurance - Quick Free Quotes

BBBOnLine Reliability Seal
Find Local Doctors & Health Plans : Enter ZIP Code...

Your ZIP Code

Types of Health Plan

Your E-mail ID

 Health Insurance in Virginia
Health Insurance in Virginia

Virginia Health Insurance

The percentage of non insured adults in the state of Virginia has reached 17%. The cost of healthcare, on the other hand has increased by about 83%. These statistics indicate just how difficult it may be to secure an affordable health insurance plan for yourself which caters to all your needs. However, this page will help you explore all the choices on offer and find you the plan that is just right for you.

If you are a resident of Virginia, you can receive health insurance either through a private insurance company or through COBRA or HIPAA. If you are going through a private insurance company, the amount you have to pay as premium may vary but the carrier is legally bound to offer you such facilities as post partum care and mammograms. The practice of medical underwriting is a valid one in Virginia, so the companies can impose certain restrictions on your cover on the basis of your health status.

If you are unable to obtain health insurance through a private carrier because of a health condition, you might try getting one through a high risk pool offered by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield and Carefirst. This is because there are no high risk pools offered by the state.

Group health insurance in Virginia (1-50 employees)

Apart from standard plans, medical underwriting as a process is allowed in the state of Virginia. For standard plans, the rate can vary between plus and minus 25% of the rate indexed that is based on the age, gender, health status and geographical location of the individual. The look back period may extend to 6 months and there may be an exclusionary period of 12 months imposed on the particular condition. The average premium payable varies between $246 for an individual plan and $645 for a family cover.

Coverage under COBRA

Laws under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 apply in the state of Virginia. According to this law, a company employing more than 20 people is obligated by law to continue covers for an employee who, for some reason, is no longer employed with the company. The covers also have to be extended to his family.

Virginia Medicaid plans

Medicaid plans are also offered in the state of Virginia. Under this state and federal sponsored program, health plans are offered to people who have a low income, are pregnant, disabled or residents of nursing homes. Some of the people receiving Medicare are also eligible for this program. Plans are offered to these individuals, always providing that they meet certain income requirements.

Other health insurance plans in Virginia

The FAMIS program is offered in the state of Virginia. Under this program, health insurance is provided to children below the age of 19, provided they meet certain income criteria.

Easy Quotes from the Top Virginia Health Insurance Carriers

Our service is the best way for you to secure the most suitable Virginia health insurance quote for yourself. You will get quotes on health insurance from the top health insurance carriers. This includes- American Medical Security, American Family Insurance, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, Assurant Health, Fairmont Specialty Group, Celtic, Midwest Security, Golden Rule, Security Life and UNICARE and many more.

An easy, fast and free way to find Virginia Health Insurance

Our process is quick, easy and free. The only thing you have to do is to fill in a simple form with your information. The information will be kept confidential and will be used only to provide you with medical insurance quotes. As soon as you complete this form, you will receive instantaneous quotes from the top carriers. If you want, you can buy the plans online also. We will also put you in touch with licensed local agents in your area who will assist you in every way before you can purchase a plan.

Health Insurance in Virginia


Home     Our Advisors     Privacy Policy     Contact Us     Insurance Resources

Copyright 2019 QuickHealthInsurance.com [Protected under U.S. Copyright TX5-874-987 & Several Pending Patents]

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape.