Hospitalization Insurance Plan
Hospitalization Insurance Plan is regarded as a part of a general health insurance plan or as an individual insurance plan. This plan is designed to provide coverage on hospital expenses such as surgeries, medicines, treatments etc. This policy ensures maximum coverage on hospitalization that may be limited in case of a general health insurance policy.
There are many insurance providers who want the policyholders to pay a minimum deductible amount before they start enjoying the benefits of the plan. To get free quotes on hospitalization insurance and to evaluate the quotes of major insurance companies visit miqu.
Services provided by the Hospitalization Insurance Plan
- Surgical expenses
- Drugs prescribed by the hospital
- Emergency care
- Physiotherapy of the patient
- Dental coverage on accidents
- Ambulance cost
- Consulting psychiatrist
- Laboratory tests
- X-Rays when required
- Maternity care
- Anesthetic services
- Other hospital charges-bed, room etc.
Drawbacks of the Hospitalization Insurance Plan
- Insurance provider may set a limit for the policyholder on the expenditure coverage of the hospitalization insurance.
- In some cases the coverage amount provided by the insurance company varies from one service to the other such as medicines, surgeries etc. and with that the deductible amount also differs.
- Many insurance provider companies require the patient to get a prior permission before enrolling for the hospital services.
- In many cases if the insurance provider is not informed prior the hospital admittance, the insurance plan may not cover the hospital expenses.